Saturday, September 29, 2012

Vi's for Pies

Carrot Cake 

Black Forrest Cake 

Baked Brie Cheese 

Lemon Meringue


I've been here twice and it was delicious both times. of course as it is a pie restaurant it would be a sin to not order said pie. The first time I had their infamous Chicken Pot Pie, which is actually a bowl of chicken and vegetables "insides" with a square fluffy piece of pasty placed over the top. They probably cook it all together like that but it was not the traditional pie I am use to seeing. However, it was delicious and the best Chicken Pot Pie I've had, despite being so big two people could have had it for lunch, although I ate it all and regretted it later. The pie came with a side salad, very bland and nothing to write home about, so I wont. 

On the second visit, I skipped the pie to make sure I had room for a full piece of cake. Telling myself a black forest cake is like an apple pie, without the pie. The cake was amazing! yum yum yum. not too sweet, moist and the right amount of cream and jam in it. I hate to tell you but I did eat the whole thing! Shameful considering it was the size of my head. We had coffee and my friends also had cakes and a baked brie which I tried and will be ordering next time! Of course I will eat and have to forget about all the calories or else I will cry. 

The place is always busy, so try and get there before a meal time rush. They have specials all the time and bring a cute chalk board over to your table with the days menu. It is very loud due to the big crowds, so just be prepared for that. I don't think I would take small children here as it's a bit cramp and  you might be asking for trouble once you've hyped them up on all the sugar. 

This is a favorite for home cooked style meals. Parking is easy and the service is friendly and as quick as they can be, despite the crowds. Our server forgot to put an order through but once she realised rushed back to apologies and give us an eta on the meals, that's all you can hope for really :) 

Food Quality and Taste = 9 out of 10
Atmosphere and Service = 8 out of 10


Vi's For Pies on Urbanspoon