Saturday, September 29, 2012

Yianni's Tavern


I am always tougher on greek restaurants then others unfortunately due to my history of working in a greek restaurant and eating a LOT of greek food. We had not been recommended Yiannis but it was always busy whenever I walked past so I hoped for the best. 

The place was empty when we went mid week but service was still very slow. For appetizers we ordered Saganaki and Sausages. Both were nice but not very traditional. The sausages were cold and very fatty. When the Saganaki came out I asked for a side of tomatoes as the best way to eat Saganaki is with fresh tomatoes on pita. The server rudely said she couldn't provide them, and if I wanted to order another salad I could. What?!

For our mains we ordered lamb and beef souvlaki's with greek salad and roast potatoes. The meat was very dry and again not very traditional. We happily ate it but I was disappointed. 

The service was what really turned us off. We decided not to stay for dessert or drinks and went up the road instead. 

Food taste and quality = 7 out of 10
Atmosphere and service = 6 out of 10

Yiannis Taverna & Kasbar on Urbanspoon